Salmon fishing & fly tying on the Miramichi...

Saturday 14 June 2014

The end of an era..

I was recently talking to my buddy, John Alward, who said he had some time booked at Noreen Hennessy’s for fishing in June and July. He told me that Noreen hasn’t been in the best of health lately and as a result, her daughter was cancelling all bookings and the Hennessy cabins would no longer be available for rental. I think we all knew deep down that this day was coming but now that it’s here it’s tough to believe..
 
I think back about all the good times we’ve had in those humble cabins and most notably the ‘Chalet Noir’ which we rented for two Julys during back to back years. From our first trip salmon fishing I knew we all really liked it, but at Noreen’s we all fell in love with it… Most of our crew caught our first fish there on that bar as people from both banks cheered us on… ‘moon walking’ to shore with a fish-on while the Miramichi flowed at 1.2 metres was tricky and we will never forget those days.
 
It’s impossible to say what the future holds for the Hennessy property… I’m thankful for having had the opportunity to spend some quality time there and I know many more NB’ers are as well.
 
Thank-you Noreen.     
 

 
 
Billy's first grilse:
 






 
Hangin' out watching the river go by:
 


 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment