Salmon fishing & fly tying on the Miramichi...

Saturday 5 May 2012

The evening shift.....

... strikes out, but we had a great couple hours on the water and quite a few laughs. We had a few more pulls but no solid hook ups - just a beautiful night doing what we love in good company - is there more to life than this? I can't imagine if there is....
We saw lots of fish showing, off and on all day, a couple lads from Moncton were doing really well trolling while Bill and I were spey casting. In less than an hour they hooked 8 and landed half in the 'honey hole' then the fish shut off and that was about the end of the action for the day.... We were the only boat on the river this evening, it was almost as if everyone else knew the fishing was starting to slow down. Tomorrow morning it could be back on and we aim to find out :)
Here's a few pics from the evening shift:

2 comments:

  1. beautiful night pics of the den with a roaring fire. Sure makes me miss that damn river.
    Great stuff boys. If I can't fish at least I can stare at pictures like these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like them John, and I know what you mean.... home for 7 hours now and I miss her already!

    ReplyDelete